The 2014 Toronto Fringe Festival is under way! Here’s a complete list of this year’s Fringe previews to help you plan your patronage. Thanks to all of the theatre creators who sat down for a chat!
- An Evening in July
- Licking Knives
- Julius Caesar Project
- Memento Mori
- Tarrare: A Story of Hunger
- Fantastic Extravagance
The festival also features creations by past guests of WalkLeft, the Podcast. Those shows include:
- Ask Lovecraft – Monkeyman Productions‘ own Leeman Kessler visited to promote a reading of Loring Mandel’s Conspiracy. He’s also internationally known for giving advice as the celebrated and reanimated 20th century horror author. Look for him in the Fringe AlleyPlays tent and on YouTube and Tumblr.
- Cirqular – a new puppetry piece by Artichoke Heart Collective, whose Co-Artistic Director Michelle Urbano was last heard inviting all to We Walk Among You before it was named one of the Top Ten shows in last year’s Montréal Fringe.
- Punch Up – the newest play from Theatre Brouhaha‘s incomparable Kat Sandler, who was one of the podcast’s first guests when her play Delicacy debuted. She’s even on the cover of NOW Magazine this year. Congrats Kat!
And last, but certainly not least:
- Confessions of a Redheaded Coffeeshop Girl – I had the pleasure of speaking with Rebecca Perry about her show last year before she took it to other Canadian Fringe Festivals and, though some of the details have changed and the play has been futher developed, here’s an encore presentation of that episode which will shed some light on its origins:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Have a great Fringe! It’s the most wonderful time of the year!